Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Book Review!

So over the last year I have read many books. Some AWESOME, some TERRIBLE...
But I guess like life, you need balance. Good with the bad, Yin and Yang.

I decided to put together a list of the books I have read or partially read and got what I need out of them. For now, anyway! :)

---------------------------------------------

Sweet Poison: Why Sugar Makes Us Fat


I'm 3/4 of the way through. This book is a wonderful book to grasp an understanding of our bodies and how different macro nutrients play a BIG role in our physiology.
This book highlights some important issues with sugar. fructose in particular.
A good light book that is not dry and an easy read. The writing style keeps me infomred and most things are broken down, no prior knowledge is really needed.






Good Calories. Bad calories.

A top book to help you understand that fats are not as bad as they are made out to be. Fats have been vilified for decades now and it's time that we put a stop to this by educating ourselves. This is a great book to help do that. Granted it can be dry but when you get the juicy parts it's worth it!









How To Eat Move & Be Healthy:


My first book that I read that got me hooked in to the whole holistic approach of the body, mind and the spirit. It is an easy book to read for anyone who is interested in anything health related. It talks alot of about food and one thing I really do like is that it slightly goes in to SOURCE and PROCESS which most books don't normally talk about but in my opinion has a HUGE overall impact on a person in every aspect.






Metabolic Typing Diet:



Never really fully got into it. Has some interesting concepts and is a worth wild read but it really didn't strike a note with me. I may read it again in the near future and see what it's like the second time around. Have to wait and see.




These are just a quick look into what I have been reading over the year.
Feel free to add your comments on each book you also may have read. Also, if there is any book you would like to recommend, do so in the comments section of this post and I will give the book a read! :) I enjoy reading so much, it's my time out! haha

Health & Chi

Stay Classy

Shane Richards

4 comments:

  1. there's a follow up to sweet poison, it's "the sweet poison quit plan" possibly not so relevant to you, but possibly helpful insight to assist some of your clients who might struggle. =] i haven't read it yet, but i'll let you know what i think.
    i still can't believe we're reading the same book! lol.
    i do have another book you might find interesting too, it's called "emotional intelligence" and it's like sweet poison but for the brain and emotions not metabolism and sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to read that book Bri!

    When you get a chance maybe leave it at reception for me or when you see me? Or give it to Dan to give to me?? Always a way.

    See you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picked up the Sweet Posion Book, last week, not a bad read. Very easy to read and great analogies of the sugar absorbtion processes - dumbs it down for us simple foke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Browny.

    Can i get your overall opinions now on sugar? Has it changed your lifestyle at all? What modifications have you made?

    Stuff like that! :)

    ReplyDelete