Monday, August 30, 2010

Slow Roasted Apples and Strawberries



Slow Roasted Apples and Strawberries

Want a great dessert that won't leave you feeling guilty?

Then this is a great recipe for you!




Here's what you'll need:

Green Apples (Cut out the core)
Strawberries
Cinnamon
Freshly grated coconut
Fresh butter from pasture raised cows

Here's how you do it:

1. Cut apples in any shape you want. I just do halves.
2. Cut strawberries and place them on top of your apples.
3. Sprinkle cinnamon over the apples and strawberries.
4. Cut a few squares of butter, place on top of apples and strawberries so that the butter melts into the fruit. I use about 50g, but you can use more or less.
5. Place in the oven under 90 degrees and bake for 3 hours
6. Add some fresh cream and grate coconut over apples to serve.

There you go!

Enjoy. 10 minute dessert for friends and family!

Post to comments how yours turned out. :)

Health & Chi,

Shane

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried it with anything besides strawberries?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elissa,

    Not me personally. I'm sure you could however.

    Give it ago and pop me a photo and I'll put it on the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete